If you know me, then you know I’m a list maker. I started making this one just for fun…and then couldn’t stop myself. I’m always thinking about imagery, and the first cool morning sends me into a fall spiral – vividly picturing everything that the season will bring.
With that in mind I came up with a little “Instagram Scavenger Hunt” – a bunch of autumn activities and images to be captured. It’s all in fun and I hope you find some inspiration for your fall planning and your feed. Pick one or two favorites, or get ambitious and try for the full list. Happy ‘gramming!
1. Shot of a pumpkin patch.
2. Your coziest scarf.
3. Portrait on a farm, in front of a barn door.
4. Go antiquing and photograph a unique object.
5. A fall picnic laid out on a blanket.
6. Jumping into a pile of leaves.
7. Steaming apple cider? Hazelnut latte? Black coffee?
Take a picture of your favorite hot beverage at home or in a local cafe.
8. Friends wrapped up in plaid blankets.
9. #FromWhereIStand in a favorite pair of boots.
10. Leaves in an ombre pattern.
11. A photo of a book you’re reading.
12. Take a pet portrait in the leaves.
13. Capture a fall #strideby. (Extra points for including autumn leaves)
14. Pick-your-own apples.
15. Shot of a dish you made from the apples you’ve picked. Apple pie, or something more creative.
16. Visit to a museum or gallery.
17. The perfect fall cheese plate.
18. Find mini white pumpkins. (Bonus points: buy one and stamp with a favorite word).
19. Host a jack-o-lantern carving party.
20. A photo of your finished jack-o-lantern, lit with a candle.
21. Your coziest knee socks.
21. #WallBlanc shot – could be a portrait of you, of a friend, or just holding an object against a white wall background.
22. A house with great Halloween decorations!
If you’re in the Boston area, you can always find stunning decorations in Beacon Hill.
23. Manicure in favorite fall color.
24. Fall outfit photos with a friend.
25. #MinimalPeople shot.
Capture a unique environment, where the overall scene is the focus and the people are
secondary. We recommend trying a shot from high above, looking down.
26. Visit a historical building in the area & take a tour.
27. Door Portrait (lovingly termed a #Doortrait)
28. Send a fall card to a friend or family member in the mail. (Everyone loves snail mail).
29. Your costume on Halloween night!
30. Showcase your photos with the tag #PCFallScavengerHunt.
Bonus: Keep an eye out for Instagram’s Weekend Hashtag Project. On Fridays Instagram releases their challenge for the weekend along with a hashtag to include. Keep an eye on the Instagram Blog every Friday to see the challenge.
I know the feeling of being stuck in a creative rut and sometimes it helps to be prompted. Whenever I get stuck I try to push myself to just keep making work (even if it’s terrible!) – whether it’s a written piece, drawings, photographs or even iPhone shots for Instagram. I sincerely hope this helps you to create and make the most out of fall!